Governor Deval Patrick's Home On Market

Well it’s been reported in several news sources that Governor Deval Patrick has begun marketing his personal home in Milton. It’s reported to be on the market for $1,925,000. It’s not on MLS-PIN (the local MLS to which I subscribe). I don’t know if there are any security reasons not to release the address in a public forum but it is in public records. To err on the side of caution I’ll withhold the address.

The governor & his family purchased the home back in 1989. It’s listed with public record info as: 5 bedrooms, 3 full and 1 half bath and a living area of 6880 sq. /ft. all on .76 acres (32,930 sq./ft.) of land. One of the largest properties in the last year to hit the market in that neighborhood, as well as the priciest by almost a million dollars. I have to admit there are some beautiful homes in that neighborhood.

I don’t practice real estate in Milton as it’s a bit far for me here in Medford. I’ve always felt Milton to be a lovely town with some grand estates and very convenient to Boston. The town assesses the Governors home at $1,793,400, not too far from the asking price when you get into that price range. It will be interesting if it would be put on a public facing real estate site to see the fit and finish. The market can be tough in the higher price ranges but just like many celebrity properties I’m sure there will be interest in the Governors home. It sure would make for interesting dinner conversation.

If the home does come onto the MLS I’ll be sure to post links to where you can see more info. I find it interesting to see where the powerful & famous live. We may not be Hollywood here on the east coast but we do have some historical homes and homes of historical people and in my opinion Governor Deval Patrick is a historical person.

Popular Posts