FiOS installation progressing in Medford, MA

City Council begs Verizon for FiOS - Medford, MA - Medford Transcript

Posted using ShareThis

Wow, I'm excited to report that Verizon FiOS is partially installed on my street here in Medford, MA. The big wires on the poles has been run, no connections to houses yet but that's coming. In my talks with others in and around Medford they're reporting similar findings.

I'm also told that Verizon used GPS to plot out where all the poles are located & custom ordered/designed the trunk wires to limit the splices needed. I thought that was interesting how something like GPS can be used for such a thing. OK, I'm a bit of a tech-ie but if the speed is what they say it could be it'll help with connection speeds in the neighborhood.

I wonder if Comcast will step up to the plate & offer better customer service and package pricing. Especially with HDTV available over a regular antenna. It's an interesting time to be living in Medford. More as it unfolds :)
6 comments

Popular Posts