My Personal Service Standard

From the Hobbs Herder Gateway seminar I learned many details of having a successful career in real estate. Some of the items were things I already did but didn't put down in writing. One of those items is having and posting My Personal Service Standard. I've posted it to my website http://www.medfordhouse.com/ on the Welcome page. I'll post it here for those who've never visited my website...

Scott Nelson’s
Personal Service Standards



CLIENT - AGENT RELATIONSHIPS
At the beginning of my client relationship, I will explain my client-agent obligations, noting that my client is my employer and pays my fee.

STRUCTURING THE OFFERING
I will advise my clients on the most advantageous way to offer their home for sale, reflecting varying terms and conditions of sale. This “structuring” may include a conventional sales approach, mortgage takeover or assumption, second mortgage purchase, money mortgage lease-purchase and other methods of sale.

MAXIMUM MARKET EXPOSURE
My client’s home shall be fully exposed to the largest number of potential buyers possible. Normal marketing channels shall include all personnel in my office, local cooperating offices, regional and national brokerage and relocation contacts.

PREPARING THE HOME
I will advise my clients on how to prepare their home for showing in the most positive manner. I will not gloss over glaring physical defects and will make recommendations as to how they may be corrected.

APPOINTMENTS AND NEGOTIATIONS
I will ensure that all negotiations by interested parties and other agents are coordinated through me, the listing broker.

INFORM ON THE MARKET
I shall advise my clients weekly on buyer activity and interest, local market conditions and other factors that may affect the sale of their property. I will provide an updated Market Value Analysis if warranted by increased or decreased market activity.

QUALIFIED LISTINGS
I recognize that only a “qualified listing” provides my clients the basis for the most
comprehensive and effective marketing plan possible. This can be defined as a home
listed with the following:

Complete and accurate details, from
Well motivated clients
Competitively priced by a market analysis
Competitively structured
A term sufficient to market the home

OVER PRICED HOMES
I will advise my clients that I cannot properly represent nor professionally service listings that are overpriced, as I must be able to substantiate and defend my client’s “BEST PRICE.”

THE MARKETING AND CLOSING PROCESS
I will explain to my clients every step in the marketing and closing process, including the amount of “earnest money” that should be secured as a deposit and what contingencies may be considered unreasonable.

COMMUNICATION
I will establish consistent communication with my clients, either in person or on the
telephone, and will commit all understanding to writing. I will advise on prospective buyer reaction and advise on the merits of all offers.

SPECIAL RELOCATION ASSISTANCE
I will provide my clients with special relocation assistance if moving out of the area. This shall include vital community facts on the area to which they are moving and setting up a competent service oriented real estate agent in the area.

When you read this it seems quite obvious that any agent would offer these standards, but often buyers/sellers don't realize the depth to which a good agent can be of assitance. By having this in writing it can separate my clients experience from just a run of the mill one to a great experience.

In the coming weeks I look forward to implementing further changes and enhancements to my services.

Comments

Popular Posts